August 7, 2023
Re-writing headlines so they make sense
Sometimes when I look at the news, everything that doesn't address climate change seems like a waste of time. With an world-wide life-and-death emergency going on, why are we not totally focused on this one thing?
So I took some of today's world headlines from CBC and updated them so they make more sense.
- Ex-Minneapolis officer sentenced to nearly five years for role in climate change
- University exams go unmarked in U.K. dispute over climate change, leaving thousands unable to graduate
- Tens of thousands of young scouts to evacuate world jamboree in South Korea as storm caused by climate change looms
- Niger's junta shuts airspace, ignores deadline to reinstate ousted president accused of complicity in climate change
- Russia launches missile, drone barrage designed to mitigate climate change
- Trump lawyer, Pence spar over best way to deal with climate change